Join the Grotto
A Prophet of the Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Prophet of the Mystic Order of Veiled Prophets of the Enchanted Realm at Sahara Grotto in Indianapolis, IN!
Please read the Twelve Commandments of the Grotto in the right-hand column. If what you have read, watched and experienced about the Grotto still appeals to you as worthy of your time, effort and support, then please come and visit.
In order for a Master Mason in good standing to join Sahara Grotto, our Petition must be presented in writing with the recommendation of at least two members of Sahara Grotto. (Section 18, By-Laws of the Sahara Grotto)
Therefore, to join:
1. Come to Dinner before our Stated Meeting on the first Thursday of the Month, and ask us about joining. The Initiation fee is $80 and there are no other dues fees for your first year.
2. Print our Petition and bring it to the Stated Meeting. You can complete the Petition during the Dinner before the Meeting. After the first year, dues are only $75 per year after that. The Stated Meeting is always on the first Thursday of the month. Feel free to check our calendar.
The Twelve Commandments of the Grotto
1. To draw the Master Masons of different Lodges into close and more friendly relations.
2. To create and maintain a spirit of fraternity among us.
3. To discount jealousy, enmity and ill feeling.
4. To teach us that we are not only members of one Blue Lodge but belong to the fraternity at large.
5. That there are good Masons outside of our Blue Lodge and they are worthy friends and companions.
6. To build up and strengthen the character and individuality of the Mason and to teach, recognize and develop the principles of Masonry outside the Lodge room.
7. To teach that a Mason is not judged by his actual appearance or worldly wealth.
8. The Grotto meets all Masons on the level, not figuratively but literally, and teaches that Masons are brothers on the street as well as in the Lodge room.
9. That Masonry must not be used as a means of advancing the material interest of any man.
10. To get out of the rut into which we too often fall.
11. To forget our cares, for there is good in all of us.
12. The GROTTO is a social organization for Master Masons.